Swiss Indoors Basel 2011

ロジャー・フェデラーにハートを射抜かれた :ハート: 、Rogiオタsのみなさ〜ん、日本語でRogiについて語り合いませんか?
フォーラムルール
この「We love Roger!フォーラム」はRogerをこよなく愛するRogiオタ達が集いワイワイがやがやきゃーきゃー・・と騒がしく楽しく意見交換する場です。
よってフェデラーファンではない方が見るとかなりイタい発言等があるかもしれませんが、そういう場なのだと大目に見てやってください。
しかし、Rogiオタさんたちへ、誰でもがこのフォーラムに入り皆の投稿を見ることが出来ます。ですからある程度そのことを頭の隅においてRogerのファンとして良心と良識のある場となるよう皆で協力してまいりましょう!!

Re: Swiss Indoors Basel 2011

未読記事by fuyu » 2011年11月14日(月) 15:49

タイミングを失しましたが、バーゼルでチラッと見たSF Sports のインタビュー。
スイスジャーマンなのでRogiのリラックスした表情と要旨をまとめた記事だけで満足していましたが、
公式でスクリプトを書いてくれた方がいらっしゃいますので、貼っておきます。面白いです :D
記事はこれ↓
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ss%3Dsport
ビデオ観れます。約15分
The comm says that there are many people in the world who have their image of Roger because he's so famous and asks what an image he has for himself.

Roger: "I have no idea. I have never thought much about that. To me it's important to come across as a polite, honest and kind person. The last thing I'd do is to pretend. Earlier they used to tell me at the agency hey you have to be like this because it looks better..."

Did you try it then?
Roger: "No but you hear it all the time and then you think he has a reason to say this. But then I thought either way I can't do it because that's not me... Everything came naturally to me. In fact in the beginning it was very difficult for me but later when the success came I could relax and speak easier with the media. Then I realized that it was very natural for me and this was what the spectators were seeing and feeling. When this is the case I'm pleased."

So you are quite natural and there's no sign of "Mr Perfect" for which many people criticize you.
Roger: "Mr Perfect... A lot of success, a family… these are things that probably many people also have. I think that I'm not stuck-up. I mean I know where I come from and all the things that I wanted to achieve. It's wonderful that I've had so much success. I have never dreamed that I'd be able to play such incredible tennis. I thought that I could maybe win something big since I was already on the tour and was making my living which was actually enough. And then suddenly I win Wimbledon and Basel and..."

And a few more tournaments...
Roger: "Yes a few more tournaments and it became unbelievable." (laughs)

Generally speaking what would you like to be able to do better, not just in terms of playing tennis but in life?
Roger: "I think this will be the next step... I started playing tennis when I was 3-4 but I've been on the tour around 20 years. I started travelling when I was 14 and I've been traveling as a pro for more than 10 years. But then naturally when you get to around 35 it's over. Therefore hopefully I will have so much time to do so many other things or pursue other interests. It will be very exciting for sure."

Do you already know something concrete like it will be fun doing this or I could imagine doing that...
Roger: "I haven't made big plans yet. However I have been having super partners and great sponsors with whom I've signed long-term contracts so I could work with them. Usually in sports sponsor contracts are up to 2 years and I have many contracts that are for more than 5 and up to 10 years so you really could build up something. Besides I've always been interested in business or rather how things are run around me. There were times when I didn't have a coach and a manager and I was travelling only with Mirka. This was in 2004 when I also became #1. I learned really a lot. I had a lawyer and also my parents who helped me a bit in the back office. I took part in every decision. All this took me much further, it helped me grow up. I also have a foundation which is very important to me. In the future I'd like to have more time to make trips or organize different things in regard to the foundation. Right now tennis is the main priority but then it might be a bit secondary... I'd also like to do things related to tennis like for example helping juniors but this is still very far away."

But it's interesting that you already have many ideas and are not occupied only with tennis. What about politics? You even got votes.
Roger: "Oh no noooo... Everybody asks me about this (laughs). I am a tennis player and an athlete. As for politics… OK, it’s true that we have it also in tennis since I'm the president of the Player's Council and I get a hint of politics but a politician in Switzerland - no not really."

Speaking about your personality, when you started as a tennis player you couldn't control your outbursts of anger but later you decided that in order to succeed you had to calm down and you managed to do it. Is this anger still somewhere inside you?
Roger: "Ummm yes, but now I don't need to break rackets or get worked up all the time. Earlier I used to have almost something like a rule: one error for example with the forehand - no problem; second error with the forehand - mmmm that's not OK; third error - not accepted, a racket should fly or something else should happen. Then I thought to myself what’s this, how can you come up with such rules? But you know, I grew up with John McEnroe, Ivanisevic, Wayne Ferreira who sometimes also bashed their rackets and I thought this is cool, it helps you to reduce the stress. But I noticed that there's another way. Today I am mentally strong; this is one of my strengths whereas earlier it was my weakness and that's why I am very proud of the big step that I made."

This is when you decided always to be calm and controlled. But there are a few situations where you are different like this one... (he shows the video with Roger singing "Simply the best" )
Roger: "Oh yeah... This is one of the things in which sometimes you take part and sometimes you don't. I thought OK let's do it. This was before the French Open..."

...and all the players took part. We should say this too.
Roger: "Yes exactly. Djokovic sings and imitates Nadal like in one Spanish song, etc. It's fun. I think that we have an incredible platform on the tour and are able to present ourselves also in a different way. This is what makes it so much fun today, the fact that the media presence is so strong like for example on facebook or twitter or just websites or internet in general. That's why whatever you do comes out and can be found nowadays. This means that an athlete is also a famous person instead of just a tennis player. Sometimes this makes things complicated and sometimes it's fun."

Isn’t it too much? Shouldn’t it be more moderate?
Roger: “Sometimes yes because you never know whether you are filmed or photographed. If I were famous say 20 years ago and went to holidays, there were only one kind of cameras – the ones where you need to adjust the lenses and it was easy to notice if somebody was carrying a camera. Today you can almost be sure that everybody has a super camera on his mobile and can make films which he can put online by pushing 2-3 buttons. That’s why it’s a little bit dangerous. For example in the locker room it’s so easy to take pictures of players, etc… Not that it’s a big problem but somehow you constantly think about it and sometimes it’s a bit unpleasant when you see that people are watching you. You don’t know if they just play with their mobiles or if they take pictures of you or film you. Gradually you start noticing this and it’s not pleasant.”

The comm continues showing funny Roger moments. He shows the interview for CNN when Roger couldn’t stop laughing.

Roger: “Oh God this is CNN, this was funny. (laughs) In the end I had to do something very simple, he wanted to ask questions in Spanish…”

What’s so funny about the Spanish language?
Roger: “I don’t know either. I just had to stay there while he was asking questions and just had to look at him and do as though I understood what he was saying. I didn’t understand a word and he looked so serious and wanted so much to do it well. We tried once, twice and in the end I couldn’t go on…”

We were wondering if you were laughing at the Spanish or at something else…
Roger: “No no… (he laughs and the comm is showing the shooting with Nadal) Oh yes right, there was another video with Rafa that we made for the foundation. It had to take 3 minutes but it took 20 to make it. (laughs) In fact it’s good that sometimes you can’t control yourself as we do so many interviews…”

Yes, this shows so much more about who really Roger Federer is, how relaxed he is…
Roger: “Exactly! It’s very special on the court – you have to stay focused; you should decide whether to let the opponent see how you feel and use this as your advantage. Besides the camera focuses so much on you that everybody sees what you do and you can’t hide. But off-court I’m almost always relaxed. Be it now or when I’m not in front of the media, this is how I am. That’s my feeling or at least I think so.” (smiles)

What about your daughters? They are already two years old. Do they realize that their daddy is a bit more special than the other people in their world?
Roger: “No, I don’t think so. They recognize me on posters and on the TV.”

That’s quite normal.
Roger: “Yes of course – daddy is on the train or daddy is on the car (laughs). OK this is not that normal in life either but as long as they are happy it’s good. I also try to protect them so that they don’t get photographed so much by the media. They shouldn’t grow up with the media. But they are doing well and we hope that in 1-2 years they’ll start understanding more.”

But perhaps they can already watch tennis more consciously. You have said that you want to play tennis until your daughters are able to watch you. Aren’t you afraid that you’ll be over with tennis by then?

Roger: “No… They understand tennis in the sense that it always does “pum pum pum” but of course they don’t understand it well yet. Actually this was Mirka’s big wish. She said once that she wanted that our kids could watch me playing and I said OK.”

So it wasn’t your wish at all?
Roger: “No but I said of course this is great! I’d love to play and that they could be at the match. It would be nice for all of us as a family. However this is not absolutely necessary. Surely I need to play a couple of years more for this to happen because right now I can’t take them on the court since they are too young. “

Does Mirka often define wishes for you?
Roger: “Well… I think that in a relationship there’s always a little bit of a compromise and I think that we are OK. I want something, she wants something and we understand each other in the end. That’s a sweet wish but if it can’t be fulfilled it will be also fine. However I think that it’s doable.”

So you play tennis because Mirka wants that the kids see you, you play tennis because you love doing it… Do you also play tennis in order to deny critics who say that Federer is finished?
Roger: “Not so much...”

A little bit?
Roger: “…From time to time. When you win a big match you are happy that you’ve managed to show everybody what you’ve always known that you can. People are always in a hurry to start talking; everything gets exaggerated even though one knows that things in sports change so quickly. Nowadays young people hardly remember Sampras and think that such things haven’t happened before. But that’s the way it is today unfortunately. Sometimes you just hope that people will show bigger understanding and that’s why I said “from time to time”. But this is not the motor of the whole thing. It’s rather the joy from the fans, the family, the friends and yourself, that you’ve managed to prove something to yourself plus the love for the sport because this is what I’ve always wanted to do. Why do I have to quit doing something that I love doing so much and I’m still doing well?”

Nevertheless everybody asks why it doesn’t work out and everybody has a theory. You used to win everything in the past and today you are not so successful. Why? For example… now you’ll recognize at first sight what this is… (he shows Roger the first MP that he couldn’t convert against Djokovic at the USO)
Roger: “I haven’t seen that yet. I have never seen the point and the match yet.”

You never did? Perhaps you don’t want to see it?
Roger: “No… no problem. I’ve already gotten over it… Right, this wasn’t the best serve, was it? So he probably expected where I might serve. But it’s not the first close match that I lose...”

However what is interesting is that in the past you always managed to find a way in the decisive moments and win…
Roger: “This is what people think.”

Didn’t you yourself believe in that or had such feeling?
Roger: “I wasn’t often in such situation, was I? But I mean for example I lost with a match point 7-9 in the 5th set against Safin at the AO in 2005. However this was in times when I lost only 4-5 matches so everybody thought OK this can happen. But now we say that it happens all the time. Therefore it’s rather a matter of opinion. I mean if you are #1 like Djokovic people say that the return is unbelievable. If you are #40 they say that it was a good return. So when you are #1things always get overstated, which is great when you are #1… That’s why you just have to deal with this situation. I have received so many compliments in my career that I don’t complain. This means that when there’s a little bit more critique, you have to deal with it. It’s not a problem.”

Speaking about the #1, this is also a goal that always lurks. I know that you are not always chasing records but there’s one more – the number of weeks as #1. What is more probable – that you become again #1 or that FC Basel becomes the champion in Switzerland?
Roger: “Oh… (laughs) A special question, right?”

Of course, that’s why we are here.
Roger: “I think that FCB will become champion before I get to the #1 again. This will be sometime in the beginning of next year hopefully. But I won’t make it because Novak played too well. He also has Wimbledon and the USO on his account. But I hope to find the way back to number 1 or number 2 or 3, as far as I’m concerned, by playing Basel, Paris and London so that I lay the groundwork for next year. It will be a very interesting year with big highlights like the Olympics for example so I’m really looking forward to it.”

We are looking forward to it too. The whole Switzerland keeps fingers crossed for you.

※追記:バーゼルのライストでちょくちょく流れたSF2のTVスポットがyutubeにupされてました。
There Is NO Finish Line. Far From Done.画像
アバター
fuyu
Masters of Rogiオタ
Masters of Rogiオタ

記事: 1108
登録日時: 2007年5月14日(月) 03:25
お住まい: 関西

1つ前へ

Return to We love Roger!フォーラム

オンラインデータ